Wednesday 19 March 2014

Illamasqua Hyrda Veil


Hydra Veil, Illamasqua, £27

Illamasqua are a company that have a very special place in my heart. They are daring, bold and 
embrace women's flaws and imperfections 
When they released Hyrda Veil back in June, 2013 I was eager to give it a go as the product was unlike 
any I had ever seen before. Illamasqua describe Hydra Veil as being a 'cosmetic-care product'. 
But what is cosmetic care? Well I guess it is a product that helps give both your skin and make up 
a lasting and gorgeous finish.

When you first open a pot of Hyrda Veil it looks completely smooth and almost like a runny liquid,
 but to the touch it has more of a thick, jelly consistency. A 5p sized blob of Hydra Veil is more
 than enough to cover the whole face, which means that this 30ml pot actually lasts for quite a long time. 

For me this re-hydrating gel works great as a base for my foundation, although Illamasqua 
make it clear that this is not a primer. Hydra Veil is not necessarily a skin care product but as it contains 
glycerin it does have some lovely softening properties. The hydrating aspect of this product
 helps to smooth the skins appearance and allows foundation to glide on.
I have had this product for around 6 months now and, although it is not one of my every day
 products, I still have plenty left. When going on a night out or to a special event I always make
sure I pop Hydra Veil on after my moisturiser and before my foundation as it has serious lasting 
power. Will I be repurchasing? Absolutely! But only once the pot has finally ran out.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments :

  1. Hydra Veil sounds like such an amazing product. I love illamasqua's other products so may have to give this try too.
    Welcome to the blogging world too lovely, I can't believe how great your blog is already. Your pictures a lovely!
    Hope you'll pop over and say hello, it would be lovely to speak some more!
    Your newest follower,
    Laura xx

    http://lisforladybird.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!
      You are my first comment :)

      Your blog is amazing! I can only hope mine will end up as good as yours. x

      Delete